Deconstructing Privilege: Teaching and Learning as Allies in the Classroom
Primary: Deconstructing Privilege: Teaching and Learning as Allies in the Classroom.pdf - 30,322 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Deconstructing Privilege: Teaching and Learning as Allies in the Classroom.pdf - 46,131 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Deconstructing Privilege: Teaching and Learning as Allies in the Classroom.pdf - 23,305 KB/Sec
- New Perspectives on Racial Identity Development: Integrating Emerging Frameworks, Second Edition
- Intersectional Pedagogy: Complicating Identity and Social Justice
- Human Reproductive Biology, Fourth Edition
- The Physiology Coloring Book (2nd Edition)
- Teaching for Diversity and Social Justice
- The History of Sexuality Sourcebook
- Challenging Social Issues for Today's Elementary Teachers (The Practical Guide Series)
- Strategies and Models for Teachers: Teaching Content and Thinking Skills (6th Edition)
- Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom (Harvest in Translation)
- Teaching About Sexuality and HIV: Principles and Methods for Effective Education
Although scholarly examinations of privilege have increased in recent decades, an emphasis on privilege studies pedagogy remains lacking within institutions. This edited collection explores best practices for effective teaching and learning about various forms of systemic group privilege such as that based on race, gender, sexuality, religion, and class. Formatted in three easy-to-follow sections, Deconstructing Privilege charts the history of privilege studies and provides intersectional approaches to the topic.
Drawing on a wealth of research and real-life accounts, this book gives educators both the theoretical foundations they need to address issues of privilege in the classroom and practical ways to forge new paths for critical dialogues in educational settings. Combining interdisciplinary contributions from leading experts in the field-- such as Tim Wise and Abby Ferber-- with pedagogical strategies and tips for teaching about privilege, Deconstructing Privilege is an essential book for any educator who wants to address what privilege really means in the classroom.